RTG Leather Repair Resin
R.T.G Leather Repair Resin is a waterborne, polyurethane repair binder that also contains glues and resins for adhering the damaged top layer of leather again. Ideal for car seat bolster repairs that have cracks from everyday wear n tear and you don't want to do leather panel replacements.
R.T.G Leather Repair Resin is a better option then using leather filler but we always recommend leather panel replacement for a permeant repair.
How to use the R.T.G Leather Repair Resin
- Wash the leather area well with R.T.G Leather Prepwash. Make sure the area is totally dry.
- Sand with 400g sandpaper to remove any flaking areas.
- Using a sponge, apply the resin in even, thin layer to start with.
- Repeat until the area is repaired to your satisfactory.
- Once dry, lightly sand with 400 - 600g sandpaper to remove the gloss. If needed, a thin layer of leather filler can be applied.
- Finish off with R.T.G Leather Colour and R.T.G Sealer.
- Allow 24hrs before using
Use a hairdryer to speed up the drying time.
Before recolouring, do a "Tape Test" to make sure you have good adhesion - apply masking tape to the are being repaired and rub vigorously, then rip the tap off. If nothing sticks to the tape, continue to the recolour process.
- 50mL - minor touch ups - 50mL Sealer
- 500mL - 2 front seats or 1 back seat - 250mL Sealer
- 1Lt - Full interior seats - 500mL Sealer
- 2Lt - Full interior recolour including door cards with leather inserts - 1Lt Sealer
These are a guide only and may vary with different spray equipment and technic
R.T.G Leather Colour is designed for leather and vinyl. If you wish to use this product on hard plastics, make sure they are washed well with SEAT Leather Cleaner and warm water and the solvent primer is used. Adhesion may still be an issue depending what the plastic has had applied to it over the years.
- 50mL - for minor touch ups.
- 1Lt - You can never use too much leather prep. Always wash the leather extremely well prior to recolouring.
- Clean Leather with RTG Prep Wash
- Apply RTG Primer for maximum adhesion
- Spray RTG Leather Colour onto leather until the desired coverage is achieved, allowing each coat to dry.
- Once dry, spray on RTG Leather Sealer. Generally 2 coats. You may want to add 5% crosslinker for better wear properties
Always test for adhesion after a couple coats and the RTG Leather colour is dry. You can do this by apply masking tap to an area, rub it down well and rip off.
Use a heat gun or hairdryer to speed up drying time.
Always test in small hidden area before use