Car Leather Repair Kit
The Clean Garage leather car seat repair kit contains what you need for those minor leather car seat repairs. This basic leather repair kit is great for scuffs, grazes and nicks. These are professional grade products. The leather filler has great adhesion properties and is also very flexible. Scroll down or swipe up to discover more.
- 50mL - minor touch ups - 50mL Sealer
- 500mL - 2 front seats or 1 back seat - 250mL Sealer
- 1Lt - Full interior seats - 500mL Sealer
- 2Lt - Full interior recolour including door cards with leather inserts - 1Lt Sealer
These are a guide only and may vary with different spray equipment and technic
R.T.G Leather Colour is designed for leather and vinyl. If you wish to use this product on hard plastics, make sure they are washed well with SEAT Leather Cleaner and warm water and the solvent primer is used. Adhesion may still be an issue depending what the plastic has had applied to it over the years.
- 50mL - for minor touch ups.
- 1Lt - You can never use too much leather prep. Always wash the leather extremely well prior to recolouring.
Leather car seat repairs made easy with the Clean Garage Car Leather Repair kit. It contains leather prep wash to remove grime and oils from the leather car seat prior to repairing along with leather filler with application spatula for scuffs, nicks and grazes plus sand paper.
1 x 5mL Leather Glue
1 x 50mL Auto Leather Prep
1 x 12g Auto Leather Filler
1 x Spatula, application tool
1 x 400g Sand Paper
1 x 600g Sandpaper
1 x Backing Fabric
How To Repair Leather Car Seats
For Minor Scratches
1 Make sure leather is free from contaminants like body oils etc by using our SEAT Leather Cleaner. (Sold Separately)
2 Spray the Clean Garage Leather Prep Wash onto the leather to be repaired and wipe dry. The leather prep is not a leather cleaner and the leather must be recoloured after using.
3 Lightly sand the repair area with 400 grit sand paper and 600g on the leather around around the repair.
4 Wipe away loose particles thoroughly.
5 Using the spatula provided, slowly build the flexible leather filler over the scratch. Allow to air dry.
6 If required, lightly sand with 600 grit sand paper followed by 800 grit sand paper.
7 Wipe area over with the damp biodegradable towel before applying Clean Garage Leather Colour. Do Not use leather prepwash over the leather filler.
8 Clean up with water
Tip: You may use a hairdryer or heat gun to help dye quicker.
Tip: The Flexible filler is AIR DRY so keep the lid on tight when not using.
- Clean Leather with RTG Prep Wash
- Apply RTG Primer for maximum adhesion
- Spray RTG Leather Colour onto leather until the desired coverage is achieved, allowing each coat to dry.
- Once dry, spray on RTG Leather Sealer. Generally 2 coats. You may want to add 5% crosslinker for better wear properties
Always test for adhesion after a couple coats and the RTG Leather colour is dry. You can do this by apply masking tap to an area, rub it down well and rip off.
Use a heat gun or hairdryer to speed up drying time.
Always test in small hidden area before use