RTG Solvent Primer
R.T.G Solvent Primer is used on all leather surfaces for maximum adhesion after the leather preparation process. Apply one coat prior to colouring. If your leather is dirty and grimy, then you need to use Clean Garage® SEAT Leather Cleaner first then the R.T.G Leather Prep Wash.
- Clean Leather with RTG Prep Wash
- Apply RTG Primer for maximum adhesion
- Spray RTG Leather Colour onto leather until the desired coverage is achieved, allowing each coat to dry.
- Once dry, spray on RTG Leather Sealer. Generally 2 coats. You may want to add 5% crosslinker for better wear properties
Always test for adhesion after a couple coats and the RTG Leather colour is dry. You can do this by apply masking tap to an area, rub it down well and rip off.
Use a heat gun or hairdryer to speed up drying time.
Always test in small hidden area before use
Primer for leather surfaces to maximise adhesion.
Do NOT use the Leather Prep as a general cleaner. The leather MUST be recoloured after the Leather Prep has been applied
- 50mL - minor touch ups - 50mL Sealer
- 500mL - 2 front seats or 1 back seat - 250mL Sealer
- 1Lt - Full interior seats - 500mL Sealer
- 2Lt - Full interior recolour including door cards with leather inserts - 1Lt Sealer
These are a guide only and may vary with different spray equipment and technic
R.T.G Leather Colour is designed for leather and vinyl. If you wish to use this product on hard plastics, make sure they are washed well with SEAT Leather Cleaner and warm water and the solvent primer is used. Adhesion may still be an issue depending what the plastic has had applied to it over the years.
- 50mL - for minor touch ups.
- 1Lt - You can never use too much leather prep. Always wash the leather extremely well prior to recolouring.