Car Leather Prep
Leather Prep Wash
Clean Garage® Leather Prep wash is used to prep the leather surface prior to repairing and recolouring to remove the manufactures topcoat finish. It also removes waxes, oils and silicons which will cause issues during recolour process if not removed.
Preparation is the key to good adhesion. If your leather is dirty and grimy then you need to use our SEAT Leather Cleaner first then our Automotive Leather Prep.
Generally you will use 250ml of Automotive Leather Prep to 1 litre of Leather Colour.
Do NOT use the Automotive Leather Prep as a general cleaner. The leather MUST be recoloured after the Leather Prep has been applied
- 50mL - minor touch ups - 50mL Sealer
- 500mL - 2 front seats or 1 back seat - 250mL Sealer
- 1Lt - Full interior seats - 500mL Sealer
- 2Lt - Full interior recolour including door cards with leather inserts - 1Lt Sealer
These are a guide only and may vary with different spray equipment and technic
R.T.G Leather Colour is designed for leather and vinyl. If you wish to use this product on hard plastics, make sure they are washed well with SEAT Leather Cleaner and warm water and the solvent primer is used. Adhesion may still be an issue depending what the plastic has had applied to it over the years.
- 50mL - for minor touch ups.
- 1Lt - You can never use too much leather prep. Always wash the leather extremely well prior to recolouring.